If you’re on the hunt for some family fun, an aquarium might be just what you’re looking for. Whether you’re looking for a fun way to spend some time with the family or a chance for you to learn all about wildlife and the ocean, we’ve got you covered at SeaQuest Roseville, Minnesota.
Fish, Mammals, Reptiles, What More Could You Ask For?
SeaQuest isn’t just home to a variety of spectacular fish. While our tanks may hold some incredible fish species like the Blacktip Reef Shark; birds, reptiles, amphibians, and mammals also call our facility home.
Visiting the birds in our aviary is a truly magical experience. With their beautiful calls and the way they flutter about, watching the charming little birds is something your whole family will adore. As if getting to interact with them wasn’t amazing enough, you can also feed the lovable little critters.
Cool Things To Do With Kids At The Aquarium
Exploring all the ecosystems available is an adventure in itself At SeaQuest, you can do more than just look at the anima, get up close and personal! From snorkeling with stingrays to interacting with Lorikeets, there are plenty of chances to get hands-on time with a variety of animals.
One of the most fun things you can do at an aquarium is a scavenger hunt. With a great list of animals and sights to see, the family is guaranteed to be kept on their toes as you explore SeaQuest Roseville, Minnesota. Unsure what should be on your scavenger hunt checklist? Check out the list we’ve put together below and let us know how it goes!
Family Scavenger Hunt Ideas
- A Multi-colored Feathered Friend
- A Fish With a Black Stripe
- A Large Lizard
- An Adorable Furry Friend
- Webbed-Footed Pal
- An Amphibian
- Find a Soft-Bodied Animal
We hope to see you here at SeaQuest Roseville, Minnesota soon, but if you need even more reasons to come take a look at some of the fantastic creatures who call our place home. Marina the Mermaid is sure to fascinate your family with her “bubble”y personality. If you’re looking for a chance to meet a real star, the sea stars at SeaQuest are more than happy to help.
Make sure to book your tickets for family fun at SeaQuest Roseville, Minnesota today!
Marina, the mermaid, is one of Roseville, Minnesota‘s most beloved residents. She loves to pose for photos with kids who ask politely and is happy to show off some fun underwater tricks. When she isn’t posing for pictures or showing off tricks, Marina loves teaching visitors about life as a mermaid.
Fiji Mermaids Grant the Best Wishes
If you’re lucky enough to come across a mermaid in Fiji, you can try and ask them if they’re willing to grant a wish. While mermaids worldwide may be willing to grant the wish of a kind-hearted child, Fiji mermaids are known for granting two specific wishes. If you ask them very nicely, they might grant the wisher money or beauty. In fact, if you ask Marina very nicely, she may even be willing to try and help grant your wish!
Best Friends of a Real-Life Mermaid
Dolphins are a mermaid’s best friend. While a human’s best friend may be the family dog (or cat), dolphins are mermaid’s beloved family friends. Together, they love to go on adventures and explore the different areas of the ocean.
Dolphins aren’t the only animal that shares a special relationship with mermaids. One of the most well-known pieces of mermaid fashion are Sea Stars. They love wearing these little critters as all sorts of fashion accessories, and the sea stars enjoy getting the chance to travel. On their own, the Sea Star may not get to go very far, but with the help of their mermaid pals, they get to see quite a lot of the ocean.
“Fin-tastic” Lore About Mermaids
- Mermaids can be found all around the world. Not only do they call oceans and reefs home, but some species can even be found in freshwater near waterfalls, rivers, and fountains.
- Mermaids who call the sea their home can be found deep in the parts of the ocean that we have yet to explore.
- Mermaids live off of a diet made up mostly of seaweed, kelp, seagrass, and other water plants. In muddy or sandy areas, they have large farms where they grow enough vegetable-like plants to keep them healthy. Thanks for this amazing diet, they’re able to look young throughout their very long lives.
- While their tails may be their most eye-catching feature of all, the most magical thing about them is their beautiful voice.
- While mermaids are known for their curiosity about humans, mermen aren’t as often fascinated by us, so they aren’t seen as often.
- Mermaids love to decorate their homes! They sleep in giant shells, and when they want to cuddle up, they use blankets made from colorful kelp that’s been woven together. They also keep comb jellies in their homes whose bodies reflect a rainbow of gorgeous colors.
To meet Marina in person, book tickets at your nearest SeaQuest.
Learn more about SeaQuest in Roseville, Minnesota, our animals, and VIP specials when you sign up here.